Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ashton's First Birthday

Today was Ashton's first birthday!!! We had a scooby doo party and he had so much fun! We started off the morning with Ashton's favorite breakfast...McDonalds sausage mcgriddle. Then we went and picked up his cakes and balloons...which he loved.Then everyone came over around 5 for bread bowls with homemade soup and/or chili. After Ashton and Mark opened his presents, and boy were there presents! This kid made out like a bandit. I mean there were toys EVERYWHERE!!!!! He had so much stuff he didnt know what to do or where to start. But he loved everything!

Then he got to eat his cake. At first he didnt know what to do. But when he figured out there was chocolate cake under the frosting he started eating it, very nicely i might add.

We had so many good friends and family come celebrate with us and we really appreciate everyone. Thanks for helping make Ashton's first birthday the best.
P.S. For anyone who wanted the recipes for the soups just let me know but here is the Loaded Potato soup recipe (my favorite!)
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
7 cups whole milk
4 large potatoes (baked, cooled, peeled and cubed)
12 slices bacon (chopped)
1 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
In large pot melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking contantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Continue cooking stirring frequently until the cheese is melted.

5 comments:

Sundquist Family said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Ashton. We miss you!

Bridgette said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! It looks like the party was a huge success! I'm sad I missed out on those bread bowls...that soup sounds yummy!

Ford Family said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Ashton - we wish we could have been there too!!

Sundquist Family said...

I love Sausage McGriddles! I heard that's like the worst thing on the menu to eat health-wise, but I don't care, I love them!
-Shawn

Carol said...

Ashton is adorable. It was fun to celebrate his birthday. That potato soup was awesome, thanks for the recipe.