Friday, January 16, 2009
NO! Stop It...Dont Do That!!!
My mom bought Ashton a shirt that says "I'm definatly not up to something...he he he!" There is not a more perfect shirt that explains him! Lately Ashton is driving me nuts. He pulls my hair...hard and I tell him no, please dont, that hurts and on and on. And what does he do, LAUGHS and continues his "funny" actions. I dont know how to make this stop. He understands the word no. When I tell him not to go to the dog food he stops in his tracks, looks up at me with a huge sneaky smile, then turns around moves even quicker to get there. TROUBLE! He hits us in the face and then thinks its so funny when I grab his hand and tell him no. What the heck! How do I punish a 14 month old though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Melissa! I think the best way to stop all of the naughtiness is to firmly, but gently tell them no, then direct them to something else...like "No, don't pull Mommy's hair, be soft with it." And show him how to be soft. If you give them an option of something else to do they just might stop doing the mean stuff! It's not foolproof by any means, but you just have to be consistent and stick with it. He also isn't too young to sit in front of a wall on your lap in timeout!
Love ya! and by the way anything Ashton does is pretty much adorable!
We have been trying time out with Dallin. Our pediatrician said to put him in his crib when he is being naughty and then stay in the room but look busy (it's a great time to straighten up all the toys). When he stops crying, I give him a hug and tell him I love him and get him out. It works really well!
I really don't think you can punish a 14 month old. They have NO idea what youre saying. The might understand the gist of it, but really, they don't know.
Post a Comment