Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kauai

Mark and I went on a Kayak trip up the Wailua River. We kayaked 2.5 miles in.
After we Kayaked in we parked our boats and hiked in 30 minutes. We hiked up to this AMAZING waterfall.
We brought our lunch and had a picnic on some rocks. Then they let us get out and swim in the water and go under the falls.
Mark under the waterfall. We had a lot of fun and made new friends along the way. After we were done playing we hiked back and paddled the kayak in. Mark and I didnt listen very well and went straight back to the marina instead of meeting at the same place as everyone else. After that we became the rebels :) Actually the funny thing is Mark tried to get me to go back with the group so we wouldnt get in trouble but I said no. Then when we got back they all thought it was Mark and he was the trouble maker...he he he!
I have officially decided Mark and I could NEVER go on the Amazing Race. I would kill him. We were at each other the entire time kayaking. He couldnt stear and blamed it all on me...Grrr! He may say otherwise but of cource he would be incorrect :)
Today we stopped by the spouting horn out by Po'ipu and saw the water come up from the rocks in the holes. Then we went and got some snorkle gear and went out to the beach to snorkel. We didnt do it very long. There sure are a lot of fish in the water and I REALLY didnt like them coming by me. Then as we were out there Mark cut his leg on the reef. Poor Marky.So we headed out for a drive out to see the Waimea Canyon. We drove almost to the end of the road and enjoyed the ride. This place is GORGEOUS!
On our way back home we stopped by the Kauai Coffee house to see how the coffee is made and see the vineyard. Mark loved this place and all the sample coffee flavors he could choose from.

Well Tommorrow we are getting up early and going out rafting along the Napali Coast and snorkeling out there. Should be fun and we will post more photos as our journey continues.

1 comment:

Erica Jessop said...

You are so spoiled!!! Who's parents just send them to Hawaii!!?? Well for NORMAL people like me Dave and I were planning on going to Kauai next summer......where did you guys stay at? And we realized a long time ago that we could never do the amazing race he would drive me CRAZY with how SLOW he takes doing things. So jealous of you right now;) Love ya