Yes I know that I spelled and pronounced this incorrectly...however Mark seems to believe this is how to say Mahalo. He says it all the time and it is hilarious.
So we finally went on the Rafting trip up the Na Pali Coast. It was gorgeous. A bit bumpy, but well worth it. Mark may say otherwise. Sometimes I think I am with an Old man here. His back hurts, feet hurt and he is sunburned...big baby.

Mark heading up the ramp to go out on the raft, he wasnt thrilled he had to leave the hotel at 6:40 but it was well worth it.

Out on the raft we rode out about 2.5 hours along the coast.
The raft was small enough to take us into sea tunnels and caves. It was awesome.

After we did that we stopped for lunch and some snorkeling. I wasnt a fan of the snorkeling...after all you could see the fish clear as day from the boat. But they said we had to jump in for a bit to make sure we didnt get sea sick...which I do. So I jumped in for about 5 minutes and was quick to get out when it seemed like the fish were everywhere. After all we were in the open ocean and who knows if a shark would come up to me...one person even saw eels...glad I got out when I did. Mark enjoyed it though.

Yesterday we went out to the Kileaua Lighthouse and Wildlife refuge. I was beautiful there.

We had to take some pictures for Jane because she loves lighthouses. Jane you would have loved it there, the view was breathtaking.

This is that walking tree I was talking about...the Hala. It really does walk.
Afterwards we went on a drive along the North Shore and found our future house along the way. It was amazing, the only problem is they want 10.8 million for it. Maybe since the economy is bad they will except a straight up trade for our house in Utah...Maybe :)

Last night we went to a Luau at the Smith Family Plantation. We got there and they took us on a tram around the gardens

There was a Imu ceremony where they dug the pig out of the ground. After they shreaded it up for Kalua pig...my all time favorite!!!!

In the gardens there was the Tiki from the Backyardagains...Tiki Beach, Surfs up...wow we were so excited...we thought you had to be a rad surfer to see this and have all the rad surfer moves but we were lucky enough to see it. (we do know it is an Easter Island tiki but Paublo found it first ) :)

The gardens were beautiful and we wandered around them for awhile.

After dinner we went and watched a Polynesian show which had dances from all the different cultures on the islands. It was pretty cool. We had a fun night and made some fun friends with another couple.

Well tomorrow we come home :( unless that homeowner excepts our trade for the home! But we are getting excited to see our baby.
4 comments:
Wow! That looks like an amazing trip!! I'm so glad that you had fun! So Kristi's bday is Friday. Do you want to take her out with me Thursday night? I haven't seen you in forever!! I'll call you this week. Travel safe!!
Love the pictures, love the update, love love love it all. It's so beautiful there. Looks like a blast! Bet you're glad to come home today to see Mr. Ashton!
i am so jealous. i wish i were there right now. well, i am glad you guys got away. you need to do that frequently. looks like you had fun too! love the picts and commentary, very amusing. this is aunt sue not uncle darren. don't have my own google email need to get one. talk to you later.
Post a Comment