Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tough Guy

Mark's lil brother Gary called me Saturday morning and asked if he could take Ashton to play with his cousin Kate. We were supposed to go to lunch at 12:30 at the Mayan and he would just meet up with me there and I could get Ashton then. I was running a bit late and when I was about 5 min away Gary called me and said that Ashton fell. He was at the Mayan in the waiting room and fell off a bench onto a big pot-pottery thing and hurt himself. He then said "where is an urgent care you want me to take him to"...I knew it wasnt one of Ashton's "I got hurt, kiss it better". So Gary met me at the urgent care.
Ashton had hit the pot on the front of his face and scratched it up and then went backwards into a wall and cut the back of his head open about a half inch.
We had to get 4 staples in his head. He was so good and barely cried, he just colored and ate his M&Ms and played with the stickers they gave him.
Poor uncle Gary felt SO bad. He was so nice to stay with me at the urgent care and help me with Ashton. I kind of think the people there thought we were married because they kept asking him questions about Ashton like if he had allergies and such...ha ha ha
After we were done there Ashton said he wanted to go back to see the waterfalls at the Mayan. So we headed back and what do you know...Ashton was back to jumping off things and being a crazy boy. His head is doing just fine now and we have to go back on Saturday to get the staples removed...should be fun!

No comments: